Saturday, February 20, 2010

Henry had a little lamb

Two stories from church today.  First, I was the lector for the first reading.  When I got back to my seat, Jack came over to me and said, "you were talking about Egypt!"  I about fell out of my seat!  In my reading I did mention Egypt about 1/3 of the way in!  My baby was listening?!  Amazing.

Second, today at church Henry was a little down.  He was overly tired and hungry and he had scraped his head earlier in the day, so that was hurting him.  During the homily, Fr. Mike had told everyone that they were welcome to come up and get a little lamb medallion that you could carry in your pocket as a prayer reminder for Lent.  So, during a particularly down moment for Henry, I asked him if he wanted to go up to the alter after church to get a little lamb.  Henry immediately perked up and said, "Oh yeah!"  Then he wandered up to the window of the cry room (aka where-we-sit-and-only-hear-every-other-word-each-week).  He asked me where the little lambs were.  I said they were on the purple cloth on the stairs up to the alter.  He looked confused, came back to me and said, "but I don't see any animals."  I said that they were little and flat so they were hard to see.  He burst into tears and said, "but I thought I was getting a little lamb that was alive!"   My heart broke!  I immediately told him we can go tomorrow to the pet store to buy a fish.

No comments: