Dear Fellow Mothers,
Do you have those days where all you do is yell? I had one of those yesterday and my throat hurts. Sometimes the stress of the 45 million things we do all the time just builds up and suddenly the things that your children did yesterday that made you smile, suddenly fill you with rage. Mind if I vent? Yesterday I didn't feel good but still had to respond to requests for drinks every 20 minutes, snacks every half hour, a new toy/show/game that was out of reach every 40 minutes, and a request to "tell so-and-so to stop hitting me!". Yesterday I spent the morning on a preschool field trip, so I was exhausted by noon. Yesterday I had a pile of laundry, a sink of dishes, and my four year old decides to pee his pants...twice! Yesterday I had 4 unresolved projects at work and my two year old did nothing but burst into tears all day because "Henry did something". Yesterday I was looking forward to my seven year old being home so he could help out, but instead he snaps at his brothers and talks back to me. Yesterday our rental cat peed on the steps of his litter box so I could add "clean cat pee" to my list of things to do.
I can only say that I hope you other mothers have someone to make you feel better at the end of the day. My someone is my darling husband. He offered to go get me dessert. The man knows me. He braved the cold and bought me cookies and ice cream.
I know every friend I have who is a mother has had days like this and I'm sure my mother and her friends had them before us. So, I'll raise my ice cream sandwich made with cookies to all mothers. May those days be few and far between and may we never forget we all have them.
1 comment:
This is darn right poetic ... I think you need to take your blog to a wider audience!!
Post a Comment