Today was our dentist day! The day started way too early, as usual. When I stumbled out of bed at 6:30, Henry was already wide awake and eating breakfast, thanks to my husband, who never sleeps. Jack started his "MOM! MOM!" calls shortly thereafter. William came down all snug in his super studly robe a few minutes later.
Before 7:50 we fed everyone (except me), got homework in the book-bag, made William's lunch (after a lengthy discussion about how he doesn't like nachos at school because they put cheese on them...hello! Cheese is what makes nachos!!), wrote a note to the teacher about William's dentist appointment, got all that in the book-bag, filled out paperwork for Jack's new dentist (FOUR pages long!), got everyone dressed, found shoes, put out the recycling, put the Goodwill donations in the trunk, said goodbye to Luke, and checked in with work, found coats and hats and my phone and keys and got in the van! Felt like I deserved a metal after all that!
Then we dropped of William and went straight to Jack's dentist. This is a new dentist we had never been to before because our dentist doesn't take kids under four and the other boys never needed a dentist before four. But, Jack has some discoloration on his front tooth, so I thought we better get it checked out. First off, this dentist is like 45 seconds from our house. One point for new dentist. We get into the waiting room and there are four free arcade games there. One more point for new guy. I turned in my paper work and we were called back in about 90 seconds. Another point! They were all impressed that Jack would sit in the chair without me. I was supremely embarrassed that Jack had chocolate milk residue from breakfast all over his face. I brushed the kid's teeth, but forgot his face! I guess I can't remember everything, but you would think I'd see his face!!! Anyway, they had two hygienists for each kid so one could examine while the other wrote things down. They were very efficient and quick! Fourth point! Then the dentist came in immediately, was also super friendly and quick and assured me that the stuff on Jack's tooth was not decay (yippee!) but just an irregularity of the enamel. Fifth point! Then I was out the door. All told, from the moment I walked in until I walked out, it was 20 minutes!! Super double bonus points!
Then we went to McDonald's for my breakfast (and pancakes for the kids because they are obsessed with McD pancakes for some reason) and to Goodwill to drop stuff off. Then to William's school to get him and whisk him away to the other dentist. William's appointment was at 9:30. We got there at 9:20 because I am just that on top of things. William wasn't called back until 10:10! GRRRRR! No one apologized for the wait. The other boys were great for the first 40 minutes. What more could you ask from a four year old and two year old in a waiting room that had little more than a fish tank and some old "I Spy" books? Then the fits began. I was ready to throw a fit too. William was finally done and we left. We went straight to school to drop him off so he didn't miss lunch time. All told, from the moment I picked William up until I dropped him back at school was 2 HOURS! Super sloppy negative frowny points for our old dentist.
Home again we ate lunch, I did my grown-up job work, we played Super Mario Brothers Wii, did the dishes, watched "Cars" for the four billionth time, picked up William, supervised some homework, cleaned up an entire cup of chocolate milk that Henry spilled on the table (curse that chocolate milk today!), chatted with my sisters via Skype, and then wrote this. : )
Pictures still to come soon!
2 comments:
I say can the old dentist and go with the new one for everybody!! I love your descriptive words, by the way!! :) Mom
I think your new dentist is the same as ours...er, Elliot's. Surely, not that many have free arcade games in the lobby.
Post a Comment