Random stories
- How do you know when you are letting your weight get away from you? When your four year old hugs you and says, "you are so squishy because of all the cookies you eat."
- Ann Murray has the greatest Christmas music. I'm sure we can all agree on that. I mean, really, come on, it's classic. Luke came home one day and asked me what I was listening to with a disgusted look on his face. Later that evening when the cat was meowing, William said, "what is that noise?" Luke replied, "Apparently it's Ann Murray."
- We told Henry that he was going to go to Disney on Ice with his grandparents. He replied, "Some of my ladies from school are going to that." The kid is going to be a heartbreaker!
- William lost his first tooth the other day! It came out while he was eating. It went under the pillow for the tooth fairy. At 3:30 AM William came and woke me up in a tearful panic saying that the tooth fairy had taken his tooth and not left anything. We searched and found the dollar under his pillow. Guess 3:30 in the morning is not the time to look for dollars.
- We visited Great Grandma Crawford the other day and Jack and Henry had big fun watching the construction outside her window (they are adding on to the retirement community). Jack insisted that they were building a Children's Museum. If you are going to build something, why wouldn't it be a children's museum?
- Jack has had a rough go of it lately. A couple weeks ago we had a frosty morning and the front deck was slippery. I warned everyone going out to the car to go slow. Jack ran. Jack fell. Coming home, I re-warned. Jack ran. Jack fell. Going out later in the morning I warned again. Jack ran. Jack fell. Coming home I started to walk on the deck, Jack stood at the edge and refused to walk on it. I had to carry him for two days over the deck.
- As many know, Jack fell while playing upstairs and had to get four stitches as a result. When we asked Henry what happened he frantically explained that he didn't know where all the brown stuff came from that Jack got into (it was Jack's blood). Yesterday the stitches came out. In a stroke of good timing, Heather Carpenter (race driver Ed's wife) e-mailed me yesterday to tell me they had an autographed shirt for Jack at the race shop. In an effort to cheer up my little man from the trauma of stitch removal, I took him over to Vision Racing to get the shirt. Not only did we get the shirt and another little outfit (left by Heather), we also got to see the trophy cases, model cars, and then the real #20. Pat, the twitter goddess of Vision Racing who helped me find the replacement model for Jack a month ago, took us back in the shop and let Jack get in "my racecar!" Those folks at Vision and the Carpenter family are just too much! Such sweet people!!
1 comment:
I love reading your blogs! I had lunch with Luke the other day and should have told him, I LOVE Ann Murray!
Post a Comment